Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Homeschooling is Hard Work.

I'm here to tell you that homeschooling is really hard work.  Seriously.  My sister homeschooled her kids years ago and I always had a feeling it took up a lot of time.  It does, and she did it before schools were available online.  One of my sons is homeschooled online, but I still have to be here to guide and teach him.  Homeschooling takes up most of my time and his time.  I like that he is actually learning.  I'm learning, too.  I never did Algebra on a graphing calculator.  And Art!  You can take that course online!  Whodda thought?!  My son is doing great online with Texas Connections Academy.  I chose this school because they offer more in the way of courses and it seemed close to what he would learn in his previous school.  It actually is better.  I get to see what he learns and he seems to be learning quite a bit more. It's more intense. Plus, the teachers are great.  There is more one on one help.  My son can call them anytime, or he can ask for help during any of the live lessons.  It's just amazing.  There is also interaction with other students.  So, it's not like he's all alone on the computer.  I'm thinking he's going to do it for maybe one more year, then back to public school.  I want him to have the chance to experience high school life.  Plus, he has friends there.  Hopefully, he'll get to graduate with them.  From what I see, it looks like he will.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment